This is an educational program focused on learning healthy alternatives to drugs and alcohol in coping with the stresses of service of the Guard and nurturing of your family. Call to see if you qualify.
The information gathered from this project will be used to develop programs to help fellow service members maintain resiliency and positive quality of life in the face of the stress of service. We aim to help you to be always ready, always there.
To be eligible to participate in this study, individuals should meet the following requirements:
· You are serving in the National Guard
· You have a spouse/partner, girlfriend/boyfriend, family member (mother/father, aunt/uncle, cousin, brother/sister, adult child, including step and in-law) or a close friend niece/nephew
· National Guard member is drinking at a “risky level”*
* Risky level is: more than 4 drinks on any day or more than 14 drinks during one week (men) or more than 3 drinks on any day or more than 7 drinks during one week (women).
What we offer, at no cost to you:
· A confidential assessment
· 6 weekly meetings with a trained facilitator
· Payment for participation in intake and follow-up research interview